Write the City of Los Angeles!
Since we have received neither communication nor recognition from MOCA's Board, we recommend writing the City directly.
Mayor Villaraigosa is an Ex-Officio MEMBER of the MOCA board and so has a VESTED INTEREST in the museum. As well, MOCA is key the revive-downtown LA plans.
MOCA is located in Councilmember Jan Perry's district.
It's important to keep this issue alive - send your letters as soon as possible!
------------>Talking Points for your letter
1. MOCA is a local treasure, widely considered to be the premier contemporary art museum in the world. It adds tremendously to the prestige of the city.
2. MOCA's amazing collection and great shows inspire and sustain the considerable art world that has grown up around it. MOCA reinforces Los Angeles as a mecca for creative talent and young audiences hungry for thoughtful, progressive culture. For artists, MOCA brings the new and provides inspiration.
3. MOCA is world renowned and confirms Los Angeles' position as a major international cultural center.
4. MOCA's autonomy and independence are central to its visionary programs and collections. MOCA must remain independent to insure its full value and potential.
5. The Mayor is in a special position to bring leadership and creative thinking to the challenge of stabilizing MOCA. Disney Hall was rescued in part through the efforts of the Mayor. MOCA can be rescued too!
1. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
200 North Spring St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Fax: (213) 978-0750
2. Councilmember Jan Perry
Council District 9 MAIN OFFICE
200 North Spring Street, Room 420
Los Angeles, California 90012
Fax: (213) 473-5946
3. Write your own city council person
4. Very important: cc the MOCA Board of Trustees
MOCA Board of Trustees
c/o Ari Wiseman
250 South Grand Avenue
LA CA 90012
FAX: (213) 620-8674 **
** this is a general fax number to be sure to put "Attn: Ari Wiseman" on your fax
Remember that LETTERS and FAXES have more impact than emails!
--------- Add your letter by posting a comment below ---------